Thursday, November 19, 2009

Out for the Trot

I’m a big fan of the turkey trot. This annual Thanksgiving event is tons of fun. It’s a good way to burn calories before your Thanksgiving food fest and entertaining as many people run in turkey and pilgrim costumes. Good times, good times.

Unfortunately I won’t be part of the turkey trot action this year for several reasons. My husband and I are traveling to spend the day with family. Either I’d have to get up early and drive 2.5 hours to trot in our destination city or I’d have to run in my city and delay our trip. Given the fact that my hubby has been extremely supportive of my running – going to races, being awaken at 4:30 a.m. when my alarm clocks went off for my early runs – I’m giving him a break and making it a family day.

But by all means, trot if you can. I did a 5K turkey trot last year and had a blast. While distances vary depending on where you live or will be visiting, fun will be had by all. The Running in the USA website lists races all over the country. Hopefully you’ll be able to find a turkey trot near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment