Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Run Today Could Keep that Cold Away

There seems to be a laundry list of benefits of running – weight loss, lower cholesterol and blood pressure, stress relief – I could go on. Another benefit is cold prevention and boy am I thankful for it. When I get a cold, I get a cold. I mean I’m congested, my nose runs like a faucet and I cough my head off. I’m literally miserable for weeks. But ever since I started running two years ago, all that is a distant memory. Even working around sickly people who choose to come to work and spread their germs, I have managed to stay healthy. I attribute it to running and being a bit of a germaphobe – I wash my hands regularly and keep hand sanitizer nearby. I think the fact that I haven’t gotten a cold is pretty funny. I run in the rain. I run in 30 degree weather. I run in windy weather. All the conditions you probably learned to avoid going out in when you were growing up. Yet I’m doing just fine. With that being said, if you’re running, keep running during the winter. It’s good for your health. If you’re not running, why not start now. It’s good for your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment